I saw a Carters commercial this afternoon with the line "When a child is born, so is a mom." I was thinking about how meaningful it is for someone to call me "Momma" and depend on me for everything from dinner to bath to scaring away the monsters. The greatest thing about being Mom is getting to be a kid again and make the little things is life magic for another being.
Here are a few things for all new mom's (going through long sleepless nights and not being able to wait until their kid will enjoy the zoo) to look forward to...
- By age two the whole family will be eating on neon colored "take n' toss" plates because it is simply just easier that way.
- The gas in your baby's tummy you dread now because it causes screams, will soon cause endless laughter.
- Toys are totally overrated. We STILL prefer tupperware, paper tubes and boxes.
- Your child's imagination will blow your mind as soon as he/she is talking. Be a pirate too and make the living room your lagoon.
- You will go from "Ya, I'm little" to "Big boy pants just like daddy's!!" overnight.
- When your child is old enough to understand trips like the zoo and a museum, it becomes ALOT harder for you. Relax and run around too.
- Christmas is way better with kids. Traditions are made and old ones honored.
- Throughout the day when times get stressful, you'll find yourself wishing for a slobbery little kiss and tight hug to make it all better.
- "Preggo-Brain" becomes "Mom-Brain" and you forever have an excuse for forgetting an appointment or two.
- If you get sick of singing the same songs to your baby, it is 100% worth it. They will remember the songs and sing them to you all horribly mixed up and jumbled and it is THE cutest thing.
Good luck, hang tight and spend EVERY moment falling in love.