Thursday, July 22, 2010

Diaper Bag Madness!!!

Packing a diaper bag is something I struggle with daily. It seems like every time I get it down he ends up running out of something or needing something new. I think I've finally got it!
Choosing the right bag: The bag I like most has 5 pockets, one in front with smaller pockets inside (for small items like vitamin d and bibs) A large inside pocket for all your linens and bigger items and another outside pocket for a changing pad and two on either end that I keep a room temp bottle and the other is for my cell phone or wallet.
I put a check-list in the side pocket with things I need to bring for an 8 hour day trip.
FEEDING:
2 4oz bottles cold or partially frozen
1 4oz bottle room temp
2 bibs
2 burp cloths (I use gerber cloth diapers)
Vitamin D
DIAPERING
10 disposable diapers (if you use cloth bring 10 inserts and 2 covers)
whole pack of wipes (I put them in a zip-lock so I don't have a giant box taking up space)
Waterproof changing pad
Small tube of rash cream
PLAY
Rattle or noisy toy (he likes the telephone shaped rattle)
Small quilt or blanket to use as a play mat
CLOTHING
2 short sleeve onesies if summer (longsleeve if winter)
2 sleepers with feet
1 socks
1 hat
2 swaddle blankets

I am probably forgetting something now that I'm writing this out (and watching 'I didn't know I was pregnant') but the point is OVER PACK! The unexpected always happens!

Love,
PlusPeace

No comments:

Post a Comment