Monday, May 6, 2013

Gearing Up for...SUMMER?!

Finally!  I have been doing a lot of research on what is good and bad for kids and there is SO much information out there it's hard to decipher what is fact and what is opinion and what is just plain made-up.

I have issues with bug spray and sunscreen - I rarely wear it unless I absolutely have to but I know little B should definitely be wearing it.  Last year we opted for the cheap drug store crap but the sunscreen was always so greasy and/or liquidy and the bug spray..well..smelled like it was killing more than bugs.

I was introduced to Episencial through CitrusLane.  They included a bottle of everyday lotion that was not only in great packaging but it is "Free from the bad stuff" as they put it and "100% guaranteed to be effective" - what more could you want, right?  They offer an array of products from butt balm to itch cream to bubble bath.  I love the lotion so much Bear and I both use it.

It's already getting buggy here and well my weirdness kicked in because I have used "all natural" bug spray before and it smelled like someone mixed dirt and some yankee candles to make a sticky substance that didn't work...at all.  As for sunscreen, it is one of those things I forget until we are AT the beach so I end up buying what is available. SO I was hesitant to buy these things from Episencial just in case they ended up being disgusting.

I ended up looking around their site and since summer is coming they are offering samples for just the price of shipping ($5).  It was well worth it. Samples of the sunscreen, balm and bug stuff are small but enough to get an idea of how they smell and work.  They all smell wonderful (for those of you who are like me) the bug stuff smells like a mild lemon and everything else just smells like a nice mild lotion (yay).

Nice little pouch of samples!


In the samples:

Nurturing Balm - $10 Full Size
Soothing Cream - $11 Full Size
Sunny Sunscreen - $15 Full Size
Mighty Shield - $12 Full Size
Snugly Lotion - $12 Full Size

They also offer "sets" that seem to be cheaper than buying individually which I think is what I will do.

And two coupons to share with friends - and I am sharing with you! Code HEALTHYBABYTIME for $5 off and Free Shipping! (through March 1 2014)

If you are hesitant to commit to the product the samples are worth it - and they make nice emergency back-ups for your purse.  If you want to take my word for it then try out the coupon :)

Also trying out Honest.com's comparable products so I will be doing a comparison to see what works best for us.

Love,
PlusPeace

No comments:

Post a Comment