Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Big Bed

The toddler bed, was just not working.  Not for me, not for Bear and most certainly not for anyone's sanity!


So we decided it was time to get a real big boy bed – twin it is!  On our trip to see the in-laws we went to my favorite furniture store – IKEA!!  The plan was to buy the cheap $39.00 bed but we ended up with the one I've had my eye on since Bear was born - $199.00 – EEK!  So we spent more money than planned but it. Was. Worth it.

Bear has not slept in our bed for 8 nights.  I have slept in his bed but it’s been getting better.  Two nights ago I didn't have to get in his bed until 4 am and last night I changed him at 10 PM and he didn't wake up until 6:30 AM!!!! This is the first time EVER that he hasn't woken up in the middle of the night and called for me.

Big bed – success!  I am so proud of him – he also went most of the day yesterday diaper free, no accidents and only used a diaper at nap – hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment